Intellify is a data science and machine learning consulting company who helps our customers to increase growth, operate more efficiently and build competitive advantage. Our team consists of leading data scientists, machine learning engineers and product developers that extensively use advanced (statistical) machine learning and optimisation techniques to create state-of-the-art solutions for business needs.
About the Opportunity
As we are growing at rapid speed, we are seeking a full-time data scientist/machine learning engineer who has experience in data science, machine learning and/or statistical modelling and programming. As part of this role, you will work alongside junior, senior and principal data scientists, and work on development to build data science solutions using a combination of the latest technologies and business strategies.
With a startup culture and applying cutting-edge technology to real-world business problems, you have the opportunity to drive impact at some of Australia’s leading startups and enterprises as well as to learn and grow within a team of like-minded data scientists. Our client problems have ranged from pricing, inventory and workforce optimisation to computer vision applied to radar data for predictive maintenance. The work is varied and challenging, and will require someone who is dynamic in their thinking as well as willing to explore and try new ideas.
Being a data scientist at Intellify you are charged with both being a mentor and learning from fellow specialist data scientists in an ever evolving and improving atmosphere. We want to see you thrive professionally and personally as we create a leading data science, machine learning and AI company of the future.
- A computer science, robotics, maths, statistics, physics or related degree (graduated Bachelors, MSc, PhD or last year MSc/PhD student)
- 2+ years of applied industry machine learning, optimisation and/or statistics experience
- Strong Python or R programming experience and related data science libraries (such as scikit-learn, Pandas, Tensorflow/Keras)
- SQL database and code versioning (e.g., Git) skills
- Good software engineering principles
- Exposure to project management / team management experience
- Experience with data visualisation tools or frameworks i.e. tableau, D3.js, ggplot2 etc.
- Results orientated and able to work autonomously
- Enthusiastic with positive attitude
- Great communication – written, social media, on the phone and in person
- Professional attitude at all times
- Knowledge or experience of software engineering practices
- Knowledge or experience on time series/product forecasting/recommender systems
- Knowledge of optimisation
- Experience working with web development technologies
This is a full-time permanent role. This role will provide a unique opportunity to work in a collaborative team and learn from experienced data scientists, so you can advance your knowledge and get hands-on experience with state-of-the-art machine learning methods. Our salaries are competitive, and we offer flexible working hours.
We also believe great data science comes from great teams, so invest continuously in upskilling and cross-training our data scientists, with lunch & learn sessions, training courses and certifications, and an opportunity to be a core part of our data science and machine learning communities.
If you wish to take the next step in your career working and learning with the best in an innovative data science company, please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org an email with:
- Your CV
- Your portfolio of projects (eg GitHub, blog site etc)
- Desired salary
- Your availability
- Brief details (3-4 sentences) of either:
- A machine learning or data science project you have developed or delivered previously; or
- Previous team leadership experience, where you worked with a team to deliver a project.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
The Intellify team.
*** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES ***
Please note that our Company Policy dictates direct recruitment only.
Title: Data scientist/machine learning engineer
Type: Full time
Salary: $100,000 – 120,000 p.a. + consulting bonus after 3 months
Location: Sydney NSW 2000